Working this weekend?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 24, 2008.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My home office phone is unplugged, message says we are closed and will call on Tuesday, no work scheduled all three days. I will however be catching up on paperwork - invoicing, and making bank deposits. I have about 150-200 checks here to deposit. Hoping to get them ready today (Saturday) and go to the bank late this morning. My GF changed jobs, and she used to work a couple blocks from my bank and my post office where my PO Box is. So I've been slacking on getting those things taken care of now.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Weekend......what's that?

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

No field work here. I have a lot of paperwork to catch up on . I do my bank deposits every day and mail them. By my stamps thru the mail also.

4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

don't work weekends or holidays.take 1 week off for xmas and haven't lost any customers because of it.i have been doing this for 5 years at least.now i only do maintenance and landscape and repairs for my maintenance customers.they all realize i am a family man and have no problem with that.i do not solicit. i have a one line add in the yellow pages that comes with my business phone.this and word of mouth keeps me very busy.i only keep enough customers to make a living.my days of dreaming to be rich are history.i am a happy guy.

5. poiuy qwerty

poiuy qwerty LawnSite Member

seems like I am the only a**ho** working this weekend huh?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I pretty much only work Saturdays in April, May, and October. These are the 3 busiest months for me. Then I take a glorious 4 months off from mid November, to mid March. I'll work a few Sundays in the April/May time because I know I have four months of down time.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No. You gotta do what you gotta do. I've worked them before as well. I've worked July 4th in the past too. but I've gotten my business to the point of not having to now. April and May me and my guys are working 10-12 hour days, and then I have the office to run as well. I take a beating for two months, and plan on Memorial weekend as a down time weekend.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Rest, Replenish, Recharge.

9. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

We've had 4 days of steady rain, another 3 in the forecast. I'll be out doing service work all weekend as we try to get on top of the spring start up crowd. I may be cold, wet and miserable, but once the service stuff is out of the way, my temperament for the season gets much better.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Working in the office this AM. Going to a friend's memorial service in the afternoon. Off tomorrow. Office work Monday AM. Windy and threat (or promise) of rain today and tomorrow. Won't get above 70 til Monday...