1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Working thru injuries/ailments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LHS Lawns, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

64 years old Got new left knee last winter. Will get new right one in December. Rotator cuff repair six years ago. Have had arthiritis in all my joints for years. Took anti inflammatories for years. They ended up eating a hole in my stomach (perforated ulcer). Almost died. Now can't take anything other than tylenol. Not even baby aspirin.
  2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Inside upper legs by nutsack gets rubbed raw sometimes. They make a cream down here that works pretty good. It's called boudreaux's butt paste.
  3. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ohhh Boudreaux and Thibodaux
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

It's called a muscle spasm and they hurt like hell. I can tell you that if you can decrease the stress in your life it will get better.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Sciatic nerve couple times a year. Sometimes numb/buzzing hands & shoulders at joint. Currently right knee & right elbow pain! I'm 38yrs old
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if this is the proper term, but "weedeater tendinitis?" It seems that the repetetive throttle action caused my whole arm to ache, especially on the outside of the elbow. I remember hardly being able to lift it, and had take some days off. Surprisingly, it was pretty serious.
  7. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have lawncare elbow too & painters shoulder! Lol! Medical terms are tennis elbow & swimmers shoulder. When i was a painter, went to Dr for my shoulder & he said it was tendinitis caused by repetitive motions. I did alot of spraying above my head swinging arm back & forth for 12hr shifts, painting ceilings on Lowe's stores. It hurts to raise my arms sometimes, like they weigh a ton.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. WoodlandAM

WoodlandAM LawnSite Member

24 years old, had 4 knee surgeries and working through a torn ACL right now. Its not as bad as most think. It will buckle on me a time or two a day and throbs at night but cant afford 6 months off and the hassle/pain of rehab
  9. bheath

bheath LawnSite Member

2011 season worked thru 30 radiation treatments and six chemo treatments. Did not eat solid foods for 9 weeks lost 85lbs. In August had surgery to remove lump from neck. Had surgery on Tues was in hospital till Thursday, got home at noon Thursday and was out mowing Friday morning.:walking:
  10. JuddsLawnCare

JuddsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Just tore my LisFranc ligament in the middle of my foot on Thursday. Only way I can walk is to hobble with weight on the outside of my foot. I went to see the Dr. today and he put me on crutches and scheduled surgery for next Friday. Supposed to be 4 weeks of non weight bearing (crutches) post surgery.

I have been running solo but looks like I will be picking up a helper to whip, edge, and blow while I run the mower. I just started up and do this on the side so it's not life & death matter. Though I don't want to lose the 5 customers I have.