Working when sick?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SSS 18734, Jul 6, 2006.

1. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

For those of you with one-man operations going, what do you guys do when you get sick? I have a cold, and I feel like crap right now and tomorrow I have nine jobs. I don't know if I would be able to handle 6 or 7 hours of yard work, but I don't want to let the yards get overgrown either.

Should I wait a few days until i'm feeling better and then maybe bag grass that got too high? Or should I just hop myself up on dayquil and just do the best I can? Also, I was thinking of temporarily hiring a buddy to at least help me out for the day so it at least is easier.

What do you guys do?
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Bingo!!:clapping: Welcome to the self employed world:)
  3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a friend or two help out and next come up with a good backup plan for the future.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Thank God for employees. :clapping:
  5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I missed one day because of sickeness in over 15 years. I had food poisoning. Unless, I carried around a toilet...:laugh: Worked with the flu, sprained ankle, bummed knee, sinus infection, vertigo, 30 bee stings etc. Best remedy for sickness is hard work and hot sunny weather.
  6. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

You'll either be working or sitting at home sick, may as well get paid to be sick.
  7. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Well. I went out and bought plenty of Dayquil. I might ask a buddy to help out. Wish me luck :cool2:
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Good Luck:usflag:
  9. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

As my grandfather used to say "I'll either heel you or kill you" but get your azz out there in that garden and pull those weeds, milk the cows, shovel the snow, bale hay, etc... Take plenty of fluids, wash cloth with cool water for neck and face. Good Luck!!!
  10. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Drag your ass to work.