1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Working With Hud

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Jul 25, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

($4700 TWICE A MONTH)
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what you mean here...please explain
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Thinks it's something like a "Housing administration" or something like that?
  4. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I always heard to stay away from HUD. The government and the type of people who live in these units/houses that you deal with were too much of a headache for many people around here. I had an chance once but after talking to a few people I didn't go for it.

Glad it is working out for you.
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What are you using a bulletproof bush hog?:D
  6. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

how do you leave your truck, to mow, and not get robbed?
  7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

LOL ^
  8. llama

llama LawnSite Member

These are foreclosed properties. So far, only one home was in a "bad" area of town. We have had several properties over $100,000 in value. Actually, one we did Friday has a list price of $289,000. Most people think of hud as the projects but it is any houses that went through foreclosure.
  9. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

I did a search on Realtor.com for houses in Alabama. I couldn't believe what you can buy for 100,000. Up here in Maine $100,000 will barely get you a building that you actually live in (running water, solid roof, electricity) , and that's if you're lucky enough to find a super deal.
  10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Housing and Urban Development, the federal govt. gives low intrest loans to low income first time buyers with little down. Surprising that they pay their bill quickly though.