Working with significant others

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packerbacker, Feb 4, 2004.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys or girls work with you wifes, husbands, BFs or GFs? My wife sometimes nags me about getting out there and working but i think she would drive me crazy!:dizzy:

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Major Tom & her hubby seem to have a pretty good system. My wife works the office, no manual labor though. Its sometimes tough on our relationship just w/ her in the office. I'd say this falls in the business w/ family category - stay away from it!

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife worked with me ONE time. She then discovered she was allergic to fire ants. OUCH. She did try, though.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Wife is a great support and is helping with the record keeping end of the business. It helps a lot to have her working with me, as this way both of us are helping the family, and both take pride in the company.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

6. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

My wife takes care of the paperwork. Well, most of it anyway. lol

7. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I can barely live with mine. No way I could work with her!!!!

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

tried with mine for two days, she couldn't even start the mowers.

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

as long as you dont have money problems and you keep your meetings with people like you say,,,,,,she wont be hard to work with! BUT if you start slacking she will be a verbal conscience!

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

What! and risk breaking one of her finger nails. PLEEEEEAAAAASE.
    Actually she has helped a couple times, but actually slows me down because she cant start anything, doesnt do very good work, but she sure doo look good though
    :eek: :eek: :eek: specially when shes sweating and got them tiny shorts on. :blush: :blush: :blush: