1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Working with USM

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnBrothers101, Oct 12, 2009.

1. LawnBrothers101

LawnBrothers101 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience in working with USM? I got some calls from them about WalMarts in my area and was just wondering?

2. dodgegrass

dodgegrass LawnSite Member

stay away. The do not pay and have every reason in the book why they will not pay you. I figured it out very quickly so I did not get into them for much money. They are a bunch of lowballers taking away work from the local guys
  3. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

One word Bad! It is unorganized chaos for no money period. The account reps will sell you out so fast it will make your head spin. They have this code called "work Orders" which one would think a project above and beyond the call of the weekly maintenance, wrong! It means one of there traveling field guys saw a weed in a crack of pavement the size of a quarter and the world is going to end. I have been told by my inside person that there job is to work you to the point of breaking i.e. work orders digital pic's and nonsense. It is modern day slavery and there are some real sacred cows that work for USM that get all of the additional projects because they are told the numbers ahead of time. You will get an ulcer from this cancerous outfit.
  4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Wow, sounds like good people to do business with. :dizzy:

Thanks for the heads up.
  5. LawnGuy68

LawnGuy68 LawnSite Member

We never have problem with USM. They always pay us and also on time.We do 12 places for them NEVER had problem.We are in Kentucky Lexington area.
    They are a good account to keep our guys busy.Im an op mgr and we only get good reports from USM and the customers we service which make my job easier.we started with 1 small one from them and it paid off.
  6. dodgegrass

dodgegrass LawnSite Member

If you do not believe us go look on plowsite and see what they have to say