Working with your wife!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnmedics, May 20, 2004.

1. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Does anyone else work with their wife? Do they take advice or listen to any thing you say? I am married to great woman but when we work together she gets mad at me. Any ideas would be helpful.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do you listen to her?

3. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

More like does she listen to me. I am not trying to be mean but she has some things to learn.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

tried before, she ended up sitting in the truck mad at me

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife goes out to work in field when we do plantings. As far as maintenance, she wants nothing to do with it. She stays in and handles all the office work.

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We would kill each other by the end of the day. Family & Friends do not belong together when it comes to business.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

We sometimes take our family for granted and just expect them to know things that we would not expect a new hire to know. Communication is a two way street.
    BUT, yes we have worked together on 1 or 2 jobs on weekends and no we could not be a team full time without a few rough times.

8. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

BUT, yes we have worked together on 1 or 2 jobs on weekends and no we could not be a team full time without a few rough times. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kinda like marriage huh?:rolleyes:

9. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I have worked with mine for 13 years what do you want to know?

Do you talk too her with the same respect you give to others? It is real easy to be less patient with family than employees. I don't know why I just know it is a common mistake. I make it myself and I know better. Not all couples are cut out for working together. Good communication away from the job site when there is no one else around might help. Sit down and calmly discuss your work relationship. Like what happens at work stays at work. Things like that. Don't ever get on your wife’s case in front of any one that's a big mistake. Hurts a woman’s feelings big time when you do that.
    My wife will listen too me if I'm nice about it and don't embarrass her in front of any one but if I say anything to her on the job and she even thinks some one heard me talk down to her on a job I'm in big trouble and I deserve too be it's not cool. Employees are hired help your wife is always your wife ....even at work .....remember that and she might let you live.

I made some assumptions in order to give a response. More information about specific events between you and your wife would be needed for me to expand on my remarks.......then again DR. Phil might be a better person to ask. LOL

Oh ya the answer to your questions I almost forgot. No they don't listen or take advise.........are you kidding!!! :( LOL

10. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

Words to live by:

DO NOT HIRE SOMEONE TO WORK FOR YOU THAT YOU CAN NOT FIRE!!!!