World walk behind mowers Who has one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packey, Apr 27, 2008.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at a world walk behind saturday at a lawn and garden show I helped with. I was able to demo one and for the price was impressed. However what do others think of these mowers. Right now I am looking for a wb for hillsides and I have it narrowed to a few that I like. However this world mower is making me rethink which I am going to buy.

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Can't even find them online... I can't vouch for the machine, but I would be hesitant to buy something that one can't easily acquire parts for...

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen them. It's a cheap chinese mower that might make through 2 seasons tops if used as a primary mower. My dealer decided he wanted to carry them for the LCO start ups. They cost between $1000 and $1200 depending on size.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

http://www.worldlawnmower.com/index.asp

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Oops...I didn't know they made that many mowers. What my dealer has is the 28" and 33" .

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

What size were you looking at?

Were you aware that the decks are 3mm thick? That's 22 gauge steel! You may as well have it made of styrofoam plates!!!

And on a side note: any company that can't translate their marketing into English properly is on my blacklist.

The 33" looks like a serious POS... Snap those front casters on the first curb you graze... And a 2 bushel bag? Puh-leaze!!

World 33.jpg

world 42.jpg

world 48.jpg

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

HAHA. What's more, is that they're selling their bunk beds in the same section as the mowers!!! Must all fall under their "metal things" category...

8. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

So I take it we're all going to make the switch?

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

Chances are, we're so in debt to China that the gov't will coerce us into using these honeys.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, it's between 10 and 11 gauge. Closer to 11 then 10.

http://www.reddifast.co.uk/information/conversions.html

A Worldlawn mower is not on my shopping list. You may notice that their 60" rider only has a 22 hp engine on it. Believe it or not that's probably enough engine with the under 9 MPH top speed.