Worldlawn 28 and 33

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakesidecutter, May 30, 2007.

1. lakesidecutter

lakesidecutter LawnSite Member

Is anyone using any of the Worldlawn products. My dealer suggested the 28or the 33 as a great mower. They are new to the midwest and I have not seen that many around.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You probably won't see many around either. It's in the same league as the Sutech Stealth mowers. Lightweight homeowner type of mower.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

nope, never heard of them...any link?
  4. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

They are made in China the same as the Sutech. World Lawn has also developed a ZTR that you should start to see advertised. They had a half page ad in the May edition of Turf Magazine. They say they will be at GIE-Expo.
  5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

they are also a sponsor here on the site...they have a button on the right hand side of the site...just click on their button to visit their site
  6. Ronlawn

Ronlawn LawnSite Member

I saw a ad sheet on the 28" at the mower dealer this week and initially liked the look of it. Just looking at the picture it looked like it was a dual belt, which made me think it could do a zero turn like the larger dual belt commercial walk behinds. but then the ad said something about it having a differential, which is making me think it may not have independent seperate drive through the belts to each real wheel.
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up Michael.

Now that I've had a better picture to look at the mower it doesn't look awful. It's not nearly up in the true commercial class like Scag, Ferris or Bobcat but it's not a Sutech either.

They do cut corners in order to keep the price low and I'm afraid that will limit it's useability. It has plastic drive belt pullies and cheap engines to start with. The front and rear tires appear to be very small even for a mower of those sizes. I can see the 28" model having a narrow front tire but not the 33". The steel in the mower also appears to be thin and not of a very wide size.

The 28" model could very well find it's way onto a few LCO trailers though since it is heavier built than anything else I've ever seen in that size. I have seen a few 30" gates in my time and in areas with micro sized yards I'm sure there are plenty of small gates. This is the first mower I've ever seen in this size that appears as though it could pull a sulky.

With a few modifications I'm sure this mower would hold up for a while even under commercial use.
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have seen the Worldlawn walkbehind first hand. Our Distributor brought one by the shop. Looks like a piece of junk and may actually be a rebadged Sutech.
    Avoid this mower at all costs if commercial use is planned.
  9. lakesidecutter

lakesidecutter LawnSite Member

Thank you for the input. Most of my accounts require bagging and this was offered as a good alternative to the 21. Sounds like a wb 36 may be the ticket.
  10. fmycue

fmycue LawnSite Member

I use them and have two 28's. There has been several companies in the Austin area that have swithced thier entire fleet to World Lawn. There cost effective and you can purchase with a honda. The cut is amazing because it allows you to put patterns in almost every lawn. It's also really lightwieght and doesn't leave ruts in the ground. It's worth the money because they start @1250.