WorldLawn Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by dinger305, Feb 13, 2013.

1. dinger305

dinger305 LawnSite Member

Just curious, has anyone had any experience or know of someone using them? I am thinking about trying one for a demo at least.
  2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

huge thread on here somewhere about it
  3. antv20

antv20 LawnSite Member

There is a big thread but it doesn't have much useful information.
  4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup, several threads which have zero reviews and zero pictures and a couple guys claiming World Lawn is as good as Exmark. I have asked for cut quality pics numerous times with no luck. Just a bunch of arguments on how china now builds good equipment which we all know is a bunch of shiz....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Couldn't have said it any better!:drinkup:
  6. Patrick @ WandoPower

Patrick @ WandoPower LawnSite Member

Just to offer my 2 cents, we have been a servicing dealer since the beginning with WorldLawn. We have several of their ZTR's at or above 1000hrs in the field, and quite a few more in the <500hr range. I've never sold a single spindle/bearing, deck pulley, or anything for these machines aside from belts and blades. They had some issues initially with the plastics, paint and seats, but all seems to be vastly improved in 2012. These machine's don't drive smooth, but have alot of name-brand equipment on them for the money, IMO there's nothing on the market that can touch these things feature-for-feature. a 48" Kaw-powered commercial model with pumps/wheel motors for under 5500
  7. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

We almost took them as a line. They are a decent machine. Especially for the price. But I couldn't see myself selling my soul to china made machinery. I rather sell MTD than become part of our economy's problem :usflag:
  8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Problem is that several top quality mower companys now make entry level commercial mowers in the $5000-$6000 range.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

yes sir it is tough. Seems like every brand now is making machines to fit that market... Now hustler & Dixie chopper started making those little raptors & Zee1s that start @ $2799. So you know companies like Bad Boy and Cub Cadet etc etc will be right behind'em:walking:
  10. Patrick @ WandoPower

Patrick @ WandoPower LawnSite Member

agreed, we make sure every customer that inquires/demos a WorldLawn understands WHY these machines are less money, and let them make the decision. I've yet to find anything in the Sub-$5500 mark that even comes close to the Worldlawn. We're getting them through General Power(Gardner) so support and parts availability is just excellent. No one drives one on our lot, and then drives our Hustlers, or Walkers, or the Husqvarna PZ's and still likes the Worldlawn for anything but it's amazing pricepoint.

One more complaint about them: random assortment of Metric and SAE fasteners can be found holding most of the early machines together.