Worried about Snow Mold Again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Oct 31, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am already worried about snow mold for next year. The ground is still nice and fresh, with very little frosts so far. If we get another snow on THanksgiving like we received last year we are going to have a worse snow mold problem the spring of 2006, then we did this past one.

The last few years i have noticed a warming trend and being able to work later in the year than usual. Sure last year was cut short by the snow on THanksgiving, but the grass was still growing great and the ground still hadn't harderned off yet. I remember two years ago I was doing fall clean ups on the first week of December and I even received a phone call for a fall clean up the last week of December.
  2. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

I'm putting down some Lesco Revere 10G later this fall on my own lawn. Some guys have recommended it so I'm going to give it a try. I've had reoccurring snow mold the last three years with each year getting worse so this year I hope to put a damper on it. If we get some snow then a January melt down like usual I'll probably put a second app down.
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Snow mold translates to repairs and seeding, maybe even an aeration in the spring. I say bring it on.