1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Worst 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jul 31, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What 21" mower you hate the most? :angry:
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I hate seeing people with really nice lawns out there with a new MTD. The lawn deserves so much better!

Okay, bring on the critisism!
  3. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

Anything AYP - Crapsmen, Husqvarna, etc.

(in Memory of C&KLawn) :rolleyes:

The transmissions they use are poor, I've had two before, the last one the transmission slipped and stopped working in one of the wheels within the the first day. Had family members with them, similar issues.
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Just kidding, But anything residential wears out fast also my snapper 21'' and 32'' are about to go in the scrapper.
  5. S man

I have a 21" snapper hi vac and like it.

I had a mtd yard man when I started and it held up great for 2 years. It also cut great.

What about those push bobcats?
  6. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

The chinese ones coming in.Ok most are 19 inch but what is it with paperthin
    .if i can cut into a honda commercial deck with a rock what will happen to a chinese version?? :dizzy:
  7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The TroyBilt 569N 21" Rear Bag High Wheel Self-Propelled Mower. i don't like the front wheel self propelled and the bag has a tiny opening, so emptying the bag is a pain in the butt.
  8. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

Anything that is 21" is a waist of time.

The only way to make real money is using the tools that allow you to do the job 3-4 tiems faster than the homeowner. I can't even imagine using a 21" mower or paying any of my guys to use one. The smallest mower i have is a 48".

I must admit, I do have a lawnboy in the shop just incase we have a job that needs one, but after the first cut we change the gate to allow a 48" mower or they get dropped.
  9. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Amen I couldn't have said it better. :)
  10. S man

I've seen a lot of guys with a 21" proline a trimmer and blower and there's their lawn service. No big mowers. The lawns around here don't need big decks. Maybe 36" to 48" at most.