Worst Case Senerio!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Jul 18, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

At the beginning of this season I was at one of my yards, I cut every week, I had cut the grass, and was trimming up near the house!!, when all of a sudden I heard a loud pop, I looked and the back window of her MERCEDES M30 somethin, was on the ground, I must had threw a stone at it with the trimmer!!!, anyone else have a bad accident like this one!, Oh, I paid for the window, it was my second cousins house, cost me bout 400 bucks!:( :dizzy:

2. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

I was trimming along a concrete wall and my trimmer threw a rock and hit the window of a car driving down the street(a busy street) I didnt even realize what had happened until the driver confronted me. Cost me about 100bucks.:( :angry:

3. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

I'm up to 3 windows, one fence, and one swiped car with the trailer. All by the employees. I now tell them they have to pay half of all damages, it has slowed them down a bit.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

One of my guys took out the back slider on one of my trucks a couple of weeks ago with a trimmer. I actually saw it happen and when I told him, he didn't believe. Then I showed him what can happen. Luckily, it cost me under 50 bucks to replace.

5. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, last season. Had been cutting this client for about 8 or so years and this was going to be the very last time we cut that house because they had sold it. Was late on a Saturday afternoon, and my guy weedeating put a stone through the back window of her PT cruiser. Went to the door, and told her how sad it was to lose them as a customer and that unfortunately we took out the back window. She came screaming <MY CARRRRRR as she ran out to see it and then back into the house crying.

Rented them car so she could get to work on Monday while I had the window replaced. Cost me bout 550 or 600 bucks.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have been lucky enough, knock on wood, that I have only broke one window. It the first time that I was doing a hotel and the stone flew and broke the office window. The manager was a nice guy and told me not to worry about, stuff happens.

7. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

Been mowing a yard i could not get along with owner for nearly the whole season. then she came up with a scratch in a hub cap on her toyota. She was gonna sue me even though i couldnt figure out how i did it, and it didnt seem to match any of my moers. told her to get an estimate, she came back to me with a bill for $125.00 for a hub cap. I paid part and mowed for the rest of the bill till it was settled.

After it was settled, i informed her i would only finish out the year and would not be back the following year. She could not understand why i would not come back the following year? Latter found out a friend worked a 555 bachoe at her property for 5 hours sent her a bill for only $200.00 because they lived on the same road, and he didnt have to load and unload. she went off the deep end. he ask her what she thought it was worth she said 35-40 dollars. he said never mind, just consider it free!

8. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

So far this year 2 conservatory windows $200 each and a rear window in a passing Landcruiser $400. First windows in 5 years! so much fo my insurancem I have to pay $500 of each claim.

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I realize I've never had the problem, but my agent tells me that's why I have insurance, and that my rates won't go up if have a claim.............

10. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

So far the only window that I took out was my own sliding glass door in my walk-out basement. :blush: