Worst Commercial Account .....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Apr 14, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

10 duplexes that are inhabitated by college kids. Yes I am one myself and would hate to mow my yard too.

But the amount of trash that they throw on the ground....Amazing!!

My top ten things to mow over at these duplexes today:

1. Smashed beer bottles, all over the place in the yard

2. Golf balls that are hidden in the tall grass, they do make and interesting noise when they hit the side of the house though

3. Cig Butts, not just one but at least 500 after a keg party

4. the packaging stuff "peanuts" impossible to pick up but loves to be shredded into a million different pieces

5. Some sort of wire thing stuck in the middle of the yard, oh yeah a cable for a dog, and of course it is dark green!!! Why would I want to see it?

6. fishing line

7. bottle caps

8. condom- not going to pick it up when it is out of the wrapper

9. smashed beer cans, totally flat hidden in the grass, love that sound, I know it is great for my mower

10. an eight ball, ran over it with my front caster, saw it in the nick of time.

just another fun day mowing!!

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

haha, sounds like some of the places around here. gotta love it. You should just throw in a rediculous charge fee, or have the place make the kids clean it up or they all get tagged with a bill or something. They have to all split your huge pick up fee.

Or just drop em, unless the beating on the mower is worth it to you?

Trevor

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran over a golf ball 2 years ago with my Z and it cut it right in half like a hard boiled egg.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

How much are you getting for this account? Better make sure it covers daily repairs and daily insurance claims

5. grasssin

$206 every ten days, takes about 2 hours with two of us.

The golf ball was with my lawnboy on a smaller section of the property

6. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Are you in Tuscaloosa or are you at that Cow Colledge that is about 50 miles east of Montgomery?

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Put a steel grass cacher on and run over a golf ball you'll be on the ground looking for the shooter:D :D :D 12 gauge pump

8. grasssin

cut 2 please

How are prices in montgomery?

War Eagle!

9. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Grassin

The market is flooded with LCO's here. The prices have been driven very low. You have to get established and do exceptional work to be able to charge anything that you can make money at.

10. grasssin

same here in Auburn

Everyone seems to have a mower now adays, but I cannot get real mad, I was the same way.

I dont know what it is about Auburn, but NO ONE seems to be having a hard time finding work, not a bad thing to have.