Worst day ever!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jul 8, 2007.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Im mowing this big commercial account in this business district. Just finishing up the big lot by the road when I duck down to clear a branch of a Bradford when SMACK!!!. The side of my face smashes into the control panel on my WB and Im out. Wake up with a nice lady asking if Im ok, I look around trying to figure out what happend when I hear a siren and its getting closer. Im thinking, gee those sirens are getting close, wonder what happend. Hell, there comming for me. Well after the emergency visit and all, I got a fractured jaw and minor concussion. The best I figure, I bounced over a surface root at the same time I ducked and between the control panel and my face, the control panel wooooped my azz (or face).
    Be carefull people, it can be rough out there :hammerhead:

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Holy cow man,

was you working solo ?

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Better get an aspirin, and a pad for that control panel. Hope you get feeling better real quick.
    Please dont let the gov't. know about this, or we may all be required to wear helmets when mowing. LOL.

4. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

ROFL:laugh: That's so funny:drinkup:

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Thats why i need to hook up all my safteys on my scag walker, it could have been alot worse if that mower left you behind and kept on going.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

damn, yeah stuff happens fast, i got whooped by a swinging branch before on my zero turn, hit my hand on the left bar and by the time i let go to try and grab it it smacked me hard in the chest, enough to make me cough for a second, i watch out for that one now.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL, thats one of those accidents where you get up and look around to see if anyone saw you. Hope you feel better tomorow.

A couple of years ago I was bagging leaves in my father in law's back yard. I was putting the front of my JD 757 under the swings on their swingset to cause i couldn't go completely under it. Well as i was backing out the foot peadl to raise and lower the deck cought one of the swings. I ended up pulling the entire swingset over on me. The top steel tube landed on top of my head knocked me out after i got off the ztr. It can get crazy sometimes.lol

8. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

One of our guys did the duck-under-tree-branch-while-hitting-tree root maneuver on his PermaGreen. Cost him a tooth.....

9. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

you get a scrip for drugs?

I rolled a JD 2210 down a side of a hill, front tire lifted off and "OH SH!T" came out (Thank god for seat belts). Hit my head against the roll bar. Yeah it hurt but for 2 days I was in a nice haze from the scrip hydrocodine and diapazem (SP on those).

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Operating any kind of mower these days should never be taken lightly