1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Worst day :(

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, May 27, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn, what a crappy day I had...

IT was 10:30am in the morning, I was driving down the street with my guys to a customer's house that is like 30mins away.. I had to meet the customer at their house at 11am because the dump truck would come and dump 1.5tonnes of riverrocks on the driveway.

Anyways, as I was driving the truck stalled and died on me.. I was like wtf.. I then tried starting it again and again, but it wouldn't start.. I was panicking saying, I can't do the job.. I gotta cancel, when one of my guys said what? I can do it!

I looked at him and thought, sure... so he ran to myhouse to get his vehicle, by this time it was 10:45am.. we had 15mins..
    He didn't get back til 11pm, I said WTF took you so long?? the house is only like 5mins away, HE LOCKED HIS KEYS IN THE VEHICLE and he had to get a coat hanger to unlock his door.. geez.

So off they went, it was like 11:30pm now but the truck hasn't arrived yet until 12pm..

Cut the story short, truck went to dealer.. they said its some problem with the computer and has some internal damage!
    It won't be FIXED for 2 WEEKS!!!!

I was like WHAT?!?!? 2 weeks??!?!? They have to order the part in the STATES!!!!!

Anwyays, I told them of my situation and they said dont worry.. it's covered under warranty and yuo'll get a rental on FRIDAY! It's going ot be a DODGE RAM!

Then my day started getting better, and I just landed another big job that is 2k... doing cedar installation and 12yards of soil!!

Phew, just one of those days!!1 :cry: :cry: :cry:
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of truck was it.

Glad to hear it all worked out for you though.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that has to stink
  4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya .....

I hope I get a truck rentall.....