Worst Jobs....Ever!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cgland, Feb 20, 2007.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I know we did this before, so let's try it again! Let's take some time to laugh at ourselves for a change and post some pics of your worst installs. There is no shame here and if you're going to be a tough guy, don't bother. I'll start!

first pic is a flagstone walk we did 9 years ago.....Man! Look at those gaps! Marcus would blow a spring on his clipboard if he saw this.
    Second is a set of steps we did about 7 years ago....enter the wedges and gaps!:hammerhead:
    Thirdly is a project we did last year. I got to the site to take pics and notices that my foreman didn't center the circle properly!:cry:

Chris

Flagwalk1.jpg

Patio22.jpg

Patio103.JPG

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i wish i had pics of mine but i burned them all! but that looks like a walk we did awhile back.

ever have a job that you almost wanted to offer to re do it for free, just because your so embarrassed that you did work like that at one time, even though the customer loves it. notice that i said almost.

i will try and dig up some pics though.

3. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

circle makes you want to cry , great work. if one can not laugh at him self, then one is to big for his own head. lol

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! Ohh so true!

5. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

just finishing up the job. lollololololololol

4.jpg

6. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ouch that third picture makes me want to cry.That looks so beautiful till you see that circle.I feel your pain been there before.

RCGM
    Brad

7. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

:waving: I think it looks great LOL I have done a job like that before just wasn't wasting a picture on it

RCGM
    Brad

8. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

Thank goodness for experience, ithelps us avoid the type of crappy work we kick out as rookies. The first picture looks like we had an unlimited amount of flagstone chips to do steppers with (you know, the stuff you try to leave behind when you go to the stoneyard). The second one I put in trying for a rustic look and after seeing it in wanted it the &@#$ out, but the customer loved it and said it was like nothing she'd ever seen before (with good reason!). Oh, memories.:hammerhead:

leaf's 004.jpg

august05 015.jpg

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

10. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member