1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Worst lawn ever!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasshopperslc, Jun 16, 2005.

1. grasshopperslc

grasshopperslc LawnSite Member

What is the worst lawn you have ever done? I'v done some pretty bad ones,but I would like to see if anyone else had some bad lawns?

Tall grass,rocks,mud,hills,bad customers,Ect. :rolleyes:
  2. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

1/4 acre of clover and weeds,chain link fence, pea gravel around above ground pool[trimming hazard], hill in the back is a combo of weeds and 1/2 azzed mulch job by homeowners cousin, rough ground from rotting tree roots, exposed wires around AC unit, dog mess, and good ole' poison ivy. It was my 1st lawn in this neighborhood and I keep it because it is still profitable based on price. I also cut many lawns on this street. The customers are great people and he originally helped me get lawns on the street. Over the years he has asked me prices for landscaping and improving his yard. I learned my lesson because he would just hire his drug addict cousin to do the labor and it always looked like sh$%. The lawn still only takes 20min. but it looks crappy even when its done.
  3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

When I was brand new (and hungry) in the biz I took on a yard that was on about a 45 degree slope. It was totally overgrown with crap/trash all through the yard. It took me forever to do it. I finally fired the guy...once I got a little wiser.
  4. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

i had a lawn that was a 1/4 acre on a steep slope above a lake that I had to mow with the 21 incher and bag.

house sold, and i didn't give my number to the new owners.
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Here are a couple of pictures of the places we had to mow.

Tall grass with bad boy_0008.JPG

Tall grass with bad boy_0006.JPG