Worst lawn you've ever cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Masters, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just wondering, whats THE WORST lawn you've ever cut. I mean most crap, over grown, ruts, obstacles, whatever.

For me its got to be my aunts yard, which is REALLY bad in back, I have a 6 year old cousin that runs around and just leaves everything in my way. but hey, she's 6, I'll cut her some slack. theres tree stumps, holes, dog turds, rocks, chunks of wood, even a few spots where I'm afraid to go in on snowshoes LOL .

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

My worst was one that had dog sh*t all over the guy never and I mean never cleaned up after them. He had like 4 maybe 5 I can't remember.

Rob

3. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I have no bad experiances like that, but I have had dog turd experiances. I hate when people leave their dogs poop laying there. I hope they don't think I'm going to pick it up, I'mma mow right over it. :mad:

4. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I did one that was 5' tall once - all of it was 5'. The grass was just kind of oozing out of the discharge chute.

I charged them plenty but I am not going to do that again.

5. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

The worst lawn? My own. :dizzy: Once I start mulching the kids toys, they might finally get the idea about picking their stuff up. lol

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

lqmustang,Ya know what I was going to say the same thing that it was mine that was the worst but, Then I remembered about the one I posted.

Rob

7. Did one saturday was 4 feet tall not mowed this year, almost 2 acres, I batwinged it in 30 minutes.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I did one along the same lines years ago. Some Middle Easterners had bought the house over the winter...but didn't move in til around Labor Day. Since they are not very familiar with grass over in Saudi Arabia, it didn't occur to them that it needed regular mowing. :D I have no idea what my boss ending up charging them...me and another guy, all day, cutting, raking, bagging...they wanted it looking pristine.

Still the only lawn I ever cut that I left in the middle of to go get lunch...

9. fromTEXAS!

fromTEXAS! LawnSite Member

you can add a poopin' scoopin' service for that big time make more money mucho dinero baby. start doing that with other cust.

10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

You guys just reminded me of one I did a few years ago, I just thought of it, it was actually a volunteer job because it was a scout cleanup thing, but we had the whole troop there, and we needed maps to find our way through the grass it was so high and thick. there were cow skulls and even I'm told skeletons of other large dead animals in this yard, though I didnt personally see em, but I know this grass was WAYYY taller than I'd like to try with anything less than a track hoe using an ULTRA powerful mower attached to it. and I mean ULTRA POWERFUL too. it was frikking tall, like to the roof of the house tall, looked more like a part of vietnam was growing in the yard.