WORST Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ken50, Mar 21, 2004.

1. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Everyone always wants to know what the BESt mower is, and it seems everyone has their own person opinion, I am starting to think the top names are all pretty comparable. Many times may come down to what personal preference and local dealer support there may be. What I would like to know is, what commercial mowers should I not even consider, and why?

Thanks!

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Here this will start a fight. Dixie chopper. Frames look like a 6 year old put together with an erector set. And they just plain look cheap.

3. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

The worst mower I have ever owned was a Bobcat hydro 48" walk behind. What a giant turd that thing was!!

4. flyboy

flyboy LawnSite Member

Anything with the name ENCORE

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Great Dane parts availability would bring it to the top of the list.

6. Fivestar

Fivestar LawnSite Member

Had a 2 year old Billy goat that had no front teeth. He just did`nt cut it so I sold him.:D

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

LMAO. thats a good one.

8. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

Let me be the first to say that this is a poor, completely negative thread; all it does it harbor hatred towards brands. If you have a question about a certain manufacturer then by all means, ask. But to start a thread like this is childish IMO. Base your decision on fact and YOUR opinion, not on others bashing companies' products.

Seems to me like you would get the best advice from a thread with the BEST mowers, which is why they've been started.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Well I hated the Sutech Stealth...sorry Sutech & also the new design Toro Walks w/the vertical height adjusts when they tried to fit the SFS deck on an eXmark type carrier frame...no knock on previous & future Toro Walks...that mistake is being remedied.

10. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

I realize this will be a negative thread, but I am getting ready to get into this business with both feet, and for me to lay out the kind of money that is necessary, I just want to make darn sure I don't get BURNED. From what I have seen, there are a lot of good mowers, but I just don't have pockets deep enough to make a mistake. You say childish, I say just being cautious. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else on here, that was not my intent.....