Worst opps story

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mngrassguy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Whats your worst "opps" story?

I left a down spout off a house once. Flooded the basement. $3000.00 in damages. Never remove downspouts. Mow around them and weed-whip.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Oops! :laugh:

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'd say in your case, never "forget" to pull the drain spout back on. LOL j/k
    Sorry to hear that really. Was it a aluminum spout or a black flew pipe drain spout? At my home, I have a corrugated black drain spout that I have to remove every time I mow and in some cases, it has already blown off the bottom and is laying along the house. It's like 15ft long and I could screw it in place but then I'd have to trim around it. pita.....

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

It was an aluminum spout down spout. When removed, the water simply filled the landscape edging untill the bed was full than into the basement window. Poor design. I simply raised there price $100.00/mo and they canceled

5. hurley'sland22

hurley'sland22 LawnSite Member

I was loading up the trailer one day and i apperantly for got to hook the trailer on the hitch and loaded my G 15 and the trailer shot up in the air and i went forward and it slammed down on the ground and went back and finally got it on but almost ruined my trailer.

6. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I forgot to put the other trailer pin on the other day. Went over some railroad tracks and she kicked up real bad. The trailer gate came off and I had to drag it down the road to get to a stopping point. I was only doing 30mph. I now Have to re weld the back gate back toghether. taught me a lesson.

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I did the same thing. It scared the crap out of me and put a nice little dent in my old truck.

8. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

My assistant did not close back door of wells cargo trailer. Door came open on a hill, a snapper pushmower rolled out and smashed into the side of a BMW.

Part of why I am solo today.

9. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Once, when I was younger, I had a non payer, who went bankrupt, so I replumbed his downspouts into his window wells, also added a slow flowing garden hose, too. He knew who did it, but couldn't prove it!:cry::cry:

10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

one word ///////Karma//////:rolleyes:my man!!!