Worst pain suffered...?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Aug 13, 2005.

?

What do you think is the worst pain / you have experienced.

1. Bee sting (wasp, hornet, etc.)

23 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. WeedTrimmer line on leg or skin at WOT

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Sustained exhaust burn (the kind you don't notice right away)

40 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Lacerating self with hedge trimmer / chainsaw / similar

22 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. HARD contact with steel resulting in fractured bone

28 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering...
    Lately the one's been bugging me is getting stung by yellow jackets MAN those jokers feel like they're injecting fire under your skin and I really hate how they sit there flapping around but won't leave and even after you shoo the stinging fool away it still flies and keeps coming back as if it's going to sting again. I swear the Yellow jacket is like no other bee, that is one aggressive sob.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Bee sting or broken leg??? I'll get back to you on this one :dizzy:

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Burned just about all my hand on a toasty muffler. That one hurt.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

You forgot to list the "walk into the ball hitch on truck when the trailer isn't attached".

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Mowerman, that one hurts really bad. Done it plenty of times, surprised i dont have a dent on my leg! Our hitch sticks WAY out too!

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Bee stings by far. I have about 15-20 mins to take my shot and or pills before I can't breath at all. After that I'm done if I can't get to the hospital. I have gotten stung 4 times this year and 2 at one time in different places. One of our employees was very worryed when he see me because i was white and could not stand up. I HATE BEES!!!!!!!!!

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

hahah thats soooo true..

8. bmh1202

bmh1202 LawnSite Member

Trailer hitch or anything else to the shins for that matter. My legs look like I slid down the road on them. I keep hitting the same spot so they never heal. OUCH

9. StealthDT

StealthDT LawnSite Member

It's a toss up for me. Running over a log with the trackloader while not strapped in and getting catapulted into the roll bar at the forehead hairline.

Or

Your stumpgrinder blows it's oil filler cap 50 feet in the air then cuts off. You crank it over and notice a puffing of smoke out the filler tube. So you place your bare hand on the filler tube and cause the crankcase to develop enough compression to ignite the fuel vapors and blow your hand off the pipe while burning it. The piston was holed so the spark plug kept on sparking and all it needed was a little compression.

Worst thing is trying to rebuild a stumpgrinder with an injured hand.

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Really bad week here. Fired employee on Monday. Wed was in the most sever pain I have ever experienced without some form of medication. (Kidney Stones) worked all day crying like a baby, went to ER that night and they told me Kidney stones.
    Friday, clearing out over grown vines that were taking a tree over and was having a merry old time making good time and WAP! 6 freaking wasp bites on my ear and right side of my face. I am really glad no kids around then. *((&(%&*%&$&*&*&*( and then today I was pressure washing a driveway and must have blown out some nails from the recent roof job that was in flower beds and stepped on the ^*%&%&^ thing.
    Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.