Worst Part of a Lawn Maintenance Job?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Jun 27, 2007.

?

Worst part of a Maintenance Job?

1. Mowing in the Heat/Rain

18.2%
  2. Dog Suprises

19.5%
  3. @$$hole Customers

59.7%
  4. Other

10.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Wanted to see who thinks what is the worst when it comes to doing a regular mowing/maintenance job.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

mine goes for the @$$hole customers!!

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Mine also goes for the less than kind customers. I have weeded all but a few of those out this year w/ a large price increase.

4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

pita customers but there is nothing like dog piles to make a nasty mess and the way it smells sometimes it makes you wonder what these people feed them:laugh:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's it, in a nutshell, pita customers.

Between the good customers and what is left, the actual ratio never ceases to amaze me, thou amazement hardly describes the actual feeling :laugh:

I swear it's bad out there, every last call, every last one, I suppose it's at its worst during hard times...
    Then one or the other (new) regular suddenly pulls a stunt that, it's like, you know, just how FAR do you want me to go pre-screening these folks?

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

To me... a$$hole clients create the situation that leads to you having to deal with doggy surprises.

7. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate the customers that ALWAYS, NO MATTER WHAT, COMPLAIN! I have threatend to drop them before and since then most have calmed down!

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Toys in the yard

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

There's no excuse for lingering dog manure on any property. It makes me wonder how well the homeowner's pets are being taked care of. (problem customers can usually be handled in a pleasant way -- if not, we cancel them for being unreasonable). I just don't like the stench of dog sh$t that I track into my vehicle and into our office. Then there's spraying off the mower/spreader tires -- better duck or you will get sh$t all over you! Sad but true.

10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

******* customers that cant pick up their sht and move things out of your way when they know you come every tuesday or whatnot. Also I dont understand why they lock their ******* gates.