1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Worst part of the job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ofishil, Aug 14, 2004.

1. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

What do you guys think the worst part of the job is?

For me i really hate hand pulling weeds. I also dont like when I am in a rush and the inevitable happens. The customer comes outside to talk. It may sound stupid but sometimes I try to figure out some of my customers schedules to avoid them. Only certain ones though. I like the guy that i dont see for a few weeks then when i do he comes out mumbles Looks Good, hands me money, and goes back inside. And the heat is no good.
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like when people whine and complain, just to whine and complain and be a PITA when there is really not a problem
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I hate the clean up after a long day of landscaping, that is when I wish that I could find a neighborhood kid and give him 20 bucks and let him pick up the trash so I can just kick back and relax before I go out and sit in traffic for 30 or 45 minutes
  4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

cleaning my decks and sharpening the blades
  5. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Picking up trash rates up there for me. I can not stand all the idiots who like to sling junk out the window. I even found a weight off of a weight bench one time! How that got there I will never know. My next major pita is idiot employees who complain all day about the jobs.
  6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Dog crap stinkey.
  7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Worst part?? Definately finding the work... the work itself isn't That bad....I wouldn't do it if it was...
  8. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah how did I forget about that. That is one of the reasons that I love riding a proslide, just ride over it and it does not even stick to the bottom. Just kindof slices it open so you have that great smell while your mowing the rest of the lawn. EWWEW...
  9. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Fall Leaf Cleanup is by far the worst for us, but we have found a better system for this year, hopefully it proves to be quicker!
  10. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I spent two hour today hand pulling weeds. I hate doing that more than anything else.