worst past week or so. ever have one???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 20, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well it started last friday, when i was dumping off grass and sod, i got a flat tire at the dump. it was 5pm, they closed at 5:30. i was about 3/4's mile back from the gate. i ran over some concrete that was sticking up there and it slashed my tire, it deflated within 2 minutes....

to make matters worse. I DIDNT HAVE MY SPARE!!! i was sooo bummed out, i was pist, but then again i couldnt be pist, it wasnt anyones fault. anyway im freinds with alot of locos around here, i sat there for about 20 minutes, and then another loco pulls up and asked what the problem is. he happened to have an airpump, so he filled it up, and we tore outta there trying to make it back about 10miles to the house. well i made it halfway, swung in a gasstation and filled it up again, and made itto my street then it went completly out.

so then saturday i go to get it fixed, i need a new one, it costs $150 for the tire. so i went and got the money, went back to belletire and they were closed, so i figured i would go on my lunch break on monday, so sunday i didnt think about it at all, just drove the other car, and i figured i still had the $200 in my pants that i wore to the bank, well monday morning the money was GONE! i dont know where it went.

then today, i lost my binder with ALL my paperwork in it, all my customers and their info and where there located. I CANT FIND IT AT ALL. im super tired, so hopefully tommarow morning im going to tear apart the house and car AGAIN to try to find it.

what really sucks is that its only the begining of the week!

im really bummed out, but im gonna try not to let it get to me or else ill get a stomach ulser (lol). anyway, anyone else have a simular week?

i know its not anything extreme like i crashed a car, or anything like that, but it still sucks.

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

The $200 isn't so bad, But loosing your paper work really hurts. I hope you find it.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ya the 200 isnt a big deal, but its the principle of the thing. loosing money sucks no matter how much it is, and everyone knows it.

4. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever find your paperwork

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

yeah, i was just so tired the other night and went back out in the mornin and it was sitting on my dash. lol. i was just so tired it was one of those things where u search everywhere and its right infront of you but you dont see it. lol. i got my tire fixed today. much much better :)

6. Jay9437

Jay9437 LawnSite Member

a couple of months ago on a Monday morning i came out to my rig and discovered that i had a flat on my trailer, so i tried to air it up but it was so flat it was broken from the rim. Put a brand new spare that had never been on the ground and headed for the tire store. Left the spare to be fixed and headed on out, got about 3 or 4 miles from the tire shop and the brand new spare blew! With no spare i tried to make it back to the tire shop but alas i did not make it. The tire was so ragged that it balled up and dislocated the axle on the trailer, broke the leaf spring pin. Called the tire shop and told them i was stranded and needed them to bring the spare i had left there, which they did about 30 minutes later. In the meantime i had pounded the axle back in place, but had no pin and was unable to securely tighten the u- joint lugs. The guy from the tire shop said he thought it would be o.k, yea! After hoping to be through by mid day it was after 5;30 before we finished work and was headed back when the axle slipped and started rubbing against the fender. Pulled in to a lot and attempted to fix , finally had to take tire off and tie up axle with some rope and limped the rest of the way home( it is a tandem axle trailer) It was a very frustrating day to say the least:blob2: :realmad:

7. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Premier,

You really shouldn't keep 100% of your information in the same place. I have at least 2 copies of every estimate, invoice, and business related thing i've done. One copy goes in a fireproof file cabinet, other goes into the truck. Have every file on the computer double copied onto CDR's.

Its VERY important to make sure you don't loose all of your customers information, cause you would be screwed.:cool: