Worst Starting Year Yet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lwelve, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i hear ya brother....i hear ya...this sucks

2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

marty grunder is a joke

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Lost 3 for the Year ....but have gained 7 ...so plus 4 for the year so far. 2 of the 3 I just do not want to do because they are in my subdivision and want to pay crap. The third is a older lady that held on to me until last month, but has been paying her daughters mortgage as her daughter lost her job over a year ago. Daughter moved in with Mom. Said she was going to cut the grass, the Mom said I will prob call you back in about two months when she loses her gumption. Like the sound of that.

Price is is a issue for sure this year with the customers, I had one of my existing customers question me today if I could lower my price to meet the price of a flyer they got over the weekend. It was for $12 a cut!!!!!! I laughed at first and then saw she was not laughing. After a explanation of how I have a license to pay for, and insurance so if I would damage to her property she would be covered and of course I asked her if she was satisfied with the quality of job I did. I am happy to say that at the end of the conversation she agreed that the quality of job was most important and she would stay with me. It is amazing as her husband has been unemployed for over a year and she does not work!

I do feel for you guys up north though, well at least those of you that do not do snow removal, after this harsh winter are you guys getting started later than normal?