Worst thing thats ever happened while landscaping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Mine happened last spring. I was doing a spring clean up for a friend of my moms when i was trimming the edge of the walkway with my Redmax. Next thing I know a rock goes FLYING.. smashes the whole front glass door. Fortunately the guy was nice enough and said it was just an accident and he understands. Whats the worst thing you guys have experienced while doing any type of landscaping job?
  2. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Get a stick edger and that most likely wouldn't have happened. I tried edging with a trimmer and noticed all the flying debrise. I ordered an edger the next day because I'm not going to risk breaking something. It looks so much better and takes much less effort. That's just my opinion and the opinion of bobbygedd.
  3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Ran over a Rabbit's nest. felt like crap for a week. :cry:
  4. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Landscaping or during lawn Maint? I can tell you some Landscping worsts just from last year that are nuts, this year we only had a dry stack retaining wall come down into a pond, sand below base layer was saturated below the property, thankfully I was not on top of it with my WB when it did.
    in Lawn Maint it was yesterday, Pile of really nasty stinky dog poop in high grass. mowing without the deflector SPAT all over new clients office windows at his house :eek: .

Landscaping last year wwe sunk a Case X90 skid steer in four feet of mud. when pulling it out with a brand new ford 350 we put the ford into a boulder, ripped out a gas flex pipe and tore up all the work we did that day in the recovery. tight mountian side yard. :dizzy: