Worst thing to hit with a mower or weedeater.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Spring Valley Lawn Service, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Want to hear the worst things people have hit. Windows bricks and rocks r normal. My worst is a dirty diaper. An adult diaper. Got sick ugh.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

With a mower, tissue pack or a steel cable. With a trimmer it goes to a fresh dog turd.

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I have never had it happen to me but hitting dog crappy with the trinkets is the worst. The worst thing I've ran over with a mower is a $100 bill. I took it to the bank and they gave me a new one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran over my wallet with a mower a few months ago. The bills survived, but the wallet and credit cards didn't do too well. I had to make a couple of calls and emails to credit card companies :rolleyes:

I also ran over a yellow jacket nest in the ground with the mower and they were swarming when I came by for the next pass.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Municipal water valve cap.

Not just the 4" disk that is on top, but I flipped up the whole 4" flange that the cap/disk sits on.

Cast iron, shattered it into a ton of pieces.

6. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

The most annoying was a magazine in a shaggy lawn.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I hit a similar one, but it was the rectangular cast iron lid...it actually tossed it about 4'.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I got one of these a few months back, bent the crap out of the blade.

9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Baby rabbits nesting in the middle of the lawn.

10. Premier GreenScape

Premier GreenScape LawnSite Member

I expect this is going to be a good read, I have already got some good chuckles. I hope it keeps up.

We have had a recent amphibian/reptile hatch in our area it seems like everytime I turn around there is a dead frog or gecko I just murdered and more than a few small snakes.