Worst thing to hit with a mower or weedeater.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Spring Valley Lawn Service, Oct 11, 2012.

1. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I absolutely shredded an entire phone book what a mess!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

This thread again, huh? Well, my record is still the same as it was last time I commented on this subject matter: Ran over a pile of people fecal with the mower once at a care home... Toilet paper and all. Seriously was about to throw up just from the smell as everything was circulating through the Accelerator catcher.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

New meaning to driving a ****box!

4. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

Today I was trimming and wham I must have hit a pile of dog puke bc it got all over my shirt face and trimmer. It smelt horrible! Perfect day for this to be brought up! Ha
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

Two bad ones for me...first the cell phone was chopped up by the mower back in '07 my first year and second was last month- backed over a newspaper with my Hustler that had just been thrown out. Ughhh paper shreds EVERYWHERE- took 20 minutes to pick up!!

6. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I've been there a few times. Horrible feeling. I also hit a wad of $$$ years ago I never saw. I salvaged about $300 and I still have about another $150 in pieces not complete enough to exchange. Steel cable trashed a belt and the most destructive was I sucked up a 6" rock and bent the heck out of the top deck plate. Had to sell that machine it never cut the same again.

7. mpriester

mpriester LawnSite Member
    Male, from Dunbar, Pa.

Earlier this summer the trimmer found a dog turd and gave a new meaning to the word ****faced and a couple weeks ago mowed over a groundbee nest and 1 found its way behind my glasses and gave a sting.

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Running over your front caster wheel with the blades on.....yep, it happened.

9. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah we did this one as well, what a racket!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, bent my blade too...they are very hard to straighten.
    Posted via Mobile Device