worst thing u ever hit while trimming????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass_Slayer, May 27, 2002.

1. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

continuing with the worst thing ever hit while mowing. i thought this one might be fun too. i decided to write up this thread after i looked down at my shirt where some grass was stuck to it. i flicked the grass off to find a small piece of a slug!!! that was so freakin nasty.

what kind of weird stuff have u guys hit??

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I hit a frog last week, he jumped right into the trimmer. :(

3. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I hit a big pile of dog **** with my (clockwise) Homelight, I decided to head home a little early that day. Dont use those any more. Stihl for me.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hit a rock, nothing major. I have hit dog $hit though, not cool at all. When I first got a trimmer 3 years ago, I was trimming at home and there was a 3/4 inch dowel that my dad had put along in the flower bed next to the lawn for something, or there was/used to be something on it. I hit that dowel and my trimmer head wound it's way straight up the thing and out of the top. Kinda cool actually, but a little freaky when your trimmer takes off in your hands.

5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

A den of Rabbit. Made me sick.:cry:

6. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

I was using a 7 ft flail deck in knee deep stuff and found a 3/8th log chain. Tore off several teeth before I got it stopped.

7. NewbieOwner

NewbieOwner LawnSite Member
    from Alberta

Taking down a big section of nasty hill with the string trimmer (ransome broke a belt), had about 10" of string out (each side) on the Mary... It was the one day of the season my steeltoes were in getting a seam stitched...

Needless to say, my toes got a good hard hit! I was a hurting unit for an hour or two.

Caught a shrew (might have been a small mouse) edging a flower bed, that was kinda interesting, customers were wondering why my pant leg was covered in blood that day...

Made a matchbox racer go flying one day, landed on the porch, no worse for the wear! (thankfully no windows were hit)

Yeah, done the dog poop too YUCK!

Andrew

8. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

I was trimming a water shed and a Muskrat ran right though the the drain tile and into my trimmer. Didn't kill him but it sure made some fur fly.

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I've never really hit any animals but I have shattered windows with rocks and gone to the hospital for getting hit with a rock or piece of mulch. I hit slugs alot too. A bit messy but it's part of the job. If I ever find dog $hit in any of my customers yards after I have asked them nicely to clean it up, I add $5 to that service visit.

10. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Dog poo,frogs,small grass snakes,lizards(skinks),glass!!,fire-ant mounds(yee-haa!!).
    Mowing is another story. Me...clear record. Son...nailed the rear end of a KIA SUV. (Don't ask!):rolleyes: