Worth the extra $400

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cuttingmaniac22, Jan 23, 2006.

1. cuttingmaniac22

cuttingmaniac22 LawnSite Member

I am planning on purchasing a lazer hp and can't decide wether to get the 50 inch deck or the 56 in deck which is an adittional $400 if i am right....Would u think it would be worth 6 more inches and $400???thanks again guys on answering all my questions....you guys are great!

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

How many hp on this machine? Another 6'' will suck some more hp away from ya, also that is a rather oddball size, good luck finding blades for a 56''.

3. cuttingmaniac22

i was planning on getting the 23hp kaw for it, and yea i don't really like that they switched to a 48,50,and 56 in deck for the hp.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

23 should be enough for a 56'', I would check the availability of that size blade with whomever you buy blades from. I.E. if you like running gators and get them from your dealer, make sure they carry them for that size. For the extra 400, go for it though.

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would buy the extra deck width and also get the most powerful engine option I could for it.

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I ddidn't know they made a 56" now but WHY. JMHO, if it's big enough for a 56" than you can use a a standard 60" and if it's too big for a 60" then you get a 52". 56" makes no sense too me. I think the 66" is okay b/c can see sometimes where I need a bigger deck than a 60" but it's not practical to have a 72". But 52"-56" is only 4".

7. cuttingmaniac22

they don't make the 52 anymore now they have to 50' deck instead of 52 which really makes no sense at all either in my opinion....

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I would spend the extra $400.

9. cuttingmaniac22

now the only question i have is with the 23hp kaw would it be powerful enough to get up some big hills, and also just plain all around power....don't know if i want to get kohler......

10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

It will have the power to do whatever you want it to do, I have a 23/60" does anything I need it to, the place the lower horsepower lacks it in the fall doing leafclean ups.

And get a kohler whatever you do, they are the best motors out there, everybody hypes Kawasaki and Honda up like they are better. JMHO I've had more trouble with those foreign motors than any Briggs, or Kohler. I have a kohler with over 1500 hours on it that works EVERYDAY from April to November.