Worth the money???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jeffh1988, Jan 21, 2006.

1. jeffh1988

jeffh1988 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I am currently running a JD tractor 48" cut and have been looking to upgrade for the last couple months... I have been interested in someting new BUT i ran across a deal with a pair of mowers. Having two mowers would help me out on some of my bigger properties however both are used and i don't want to be sinking money into them just to keep them going. I talked to the guy via phone today and haven't gone to look at the mowers yet but this is what he has: A four year old 48" exmark zero turn (not sure of model HP or just Lazer Z and not sure of engine size) with 900 plus hours on it. A new engine was put on the Z within the past 50 hours and 1 1/2 years of warranty are left on this engine. He also has a 4 year old exmark walkbehind 48" cut that is 4 years old, he isn't real sure of the hours on this mower he figures around 800 and once again i don't know the model or engine size but it does have a floating deck and the ECS controls, and it comes with a sulky. I have a couple banks this walkbehind would come in handy on. I haven't been able to see them yet because he has both of them in the shop having them serviced and anything the dealer could find wrong he wanted to be fixed before he sold them. He is asking 6000 for the pair or 3500 for the Z and 2500 for the WB. Like i said i have some big properties and would definately benefit from a pair of mowers but i don't want to sink money into problems every time i turn around just because they are worn out. So i want to know what every one thinks and if yall think either mower is worth buying. Sorry for being so long winded but thanks in advance for all your replies.

Jeff