Worthy Clientele Base

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Toro_4ME, Mar 12, 2008.

1. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Assuming you have your conditions listed in the ad ($35 minimum, blah blah blah) and services you do, have any of you guys obtained any worthy clients/accounts from Craigslist? If so, what type of clients are they? Generally speaking, older, younger, pay on time, nit pickers, complainers? I've seen where craigslist can bring in the scum bags that havent had their yard mowed in 6 weeks and want to pay $10 for it, but thought I would see if the other side of the coin is a better view. Just wondering. Thx.

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

After reading a few posts about CL adds, my wife put one on for the spring no less than 2 days ago. Weve had a bunch of emails asking to send a worker over they will pay $40 for the whole day, but only tommorrow. Crap like that. Nothing at all. I called two of em back to set up an estimate and they seemed to be confused that we needed to look at the yard fisrt and did not feel comfortable with us knowing where they lived which made me feel uncomfortable, so in short no not at all in fact we have removed the add to help weed out these types of people/patients/customers. Hope this helps.

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Thx lawnzilla. Very helpful info. Thats crazy they wanted to pay 40 for all days work. WOW!!

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

When I first started out, I placed a few ads in CL. Got a couple of decent customers, but most were looking for bi-weekly service and cheap at that. I don't do either one.