Would a bank finance this.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by oOTurfmanoO, Nov 18, 2007.

1. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

A truck from a private seller?

It is usually relatively easy to get financed from a bank when you buy through a dealer, but what about a private seller?
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. I sold a car once to a guy who got a loan for the purchase.
  3. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

yep, they do it all the time.
  4. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

Call your bank and find out.
  5. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

They will do it but their ammortization schedule will be a little different than a dealers. Certain year models they can only finance for 12-36 months depending on the age.
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yes we got a loan to buy a 2003 chevy 2500 from a private seller...bank did but they said for private sellers they wont do anything older than a 7 year old vehicle but thats just my bank
  7. britsteroni

britsteroni LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on your ability to repay the loan. If you would be too risky, they won't touch you. If you have a good credit score along with the ability to prove that you have income to meet that truck payment each month, then they will be glad to give you a loan.
  8. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

Banks do loans for these types of deals all the time as others have said. The interest rate will be higher for you though. With all the deals going on with new cars, you may be better off buying a new car this time of year.

Of course this all depends on the vehicle your looking for...and your credit record of course.
  9. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Try this bank.

They give you the title also, so it's unsecured. The rates aren't to bad compared with other banks.

I just financed a 2000 Toyota Landcruiser with them.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'd recommend at least a B+ Experian / Fico 740+, but with that in mind they should.
    A+ / 800+ absolutely, also if you're a homeowner there's not much a question usually.