Would a Perma Green rack work....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by oOTurfmanoO, Jun 23, 2006.

1. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

on my 93 F-250? I only ask this b/c the truck naturally sits higher than say a chevy 1500 or the like.

Since my receiver is higher, the ramps may not sit at a desireable angle when in the down position, thus, I am faced with a MONSTEROUS grade to get my PG up/down.

If I have to get one custom built, I would have to have some sort of drop in the actual hitch, say 2-3" right?

Any ideas....

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have a Chevy 2500 and it works good, but I think the Fords do sit up a little higher. if you have one made just have them drop the hight a few inches.

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

it may work on your f250, I forgot the 03 f250 I have is 4x4 so its sits higher.

4. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

Yeah, I talked to a guy who is selling the old racks. He mentioned the older ones have 5' ramps unlike the new shorter verions.

Gracias..

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 97 diesel f350 that the rack I bought this year is working fine on. No drop hitch or anything. It has a front end lift kit for a plow but I dont think that will affect the rear height.