1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would a pro do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Would a pro leave weeds like this around one location?
  2. Tharrell

It gets a lot worse.
  3. Tharrell

More......This was a 4x200 mulch bed in early spring. The weeds got to waist high before he did anything about them. There are numerous bull thistle he couldn't weed whack that are still waist high.
  4. Tharrell

This the entrance to the store and also part of the previous mulch bed. By the way, they spent hundreds of dollars last fall to install this mulch.
  5. Tharrell

Here's one of the bull thistles he tried to push over with his foot.
  6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

THIS pro wouldn't do it!! LOL
  7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Is it a "pro" doing it? Or a friend just helping out the owner? Also, what are the arrangements for maintaining the property? Could be just an absolute minimum price job.

My guys would get a rash of poop if they left areas like that. Actually, I would think twice about taking care of a public place, with my trucks parked in front, whose owners won't spend the money to make it look nice. In the past I've seen similar situations, and then later found out that the owner simply didn't want to spend the money.
  8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm not spraying glycosphate for free, nor am I cleaning flowerbeds for free, so yes I would leave it like that if they didn't want to pay for the application or weeding of beds.
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

DITTO, I don't work for free either.
  10. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

We spray our customers for no charge. We won't hand weed flower beds for no charge, but we spray drives and cracks etc. It reflects well upon us. Just like hauling debris or fallen branches, no charge, usually. Take care of them and they will take care of you, as the saying goes.