Would a Pro Slide pull a 250 lb. guy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vikings, May 17, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

A pro slide attached to a 36" Toro gear drive with 15 HP kawi...

What if I lost weight, I'm on a diet (I actually weighed in at 267 this mourning):rolleyes:
  2. fortunat6

fortunat6 LawnSite Member

I would be iffy about pulling any kind of wieght behind a belt drive. People do it all the time though. I heard that it beat the trans up pretty quickly. If i was you I would just walk. You said you are on a diet so this will only help you lose weight. Thats my 2 cents.
  3. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used 36" mower with a proslide on it, and it wanted to do wheelie's all the way up hills and I weigh 206. No problems with a one wheel sulky thou. It should pull you around fine on the flats, but the hills might give you problems. And like stated before, you should be walking to loose weight.:weightlifter:

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

If you weight 270 you dont need to slide you need to walk. And no it will not. My 23hp 60inch hydro turftracer will pull me but not uphills well. Im 215. I cant imagine putting it on my 48 gear driven metro
  5. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I'll go with a two wheel velke then. I can't walk, I'm...well, not handicapped, but I have a fubared ankle. It was wrecked in a fall while cleaning windows they still want to fuse the ankle. That's actually why I have to be self employed, I can't get a job, lol. It's either be in business or be on welfare but I make more some days then a welfare guy gets all month ($400) I've been in business for 8 years now, slowly getting bigger and more varied.
    If I walk for 8 hours behind a 21" with my leg brace on, like I did today, I can barely get moving all evening and it's nothing but pain.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The wheel is a wonderful invention.:rolleyes: