1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would Anoyone Be Embarrased???????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kevin11946ny, Apr 4, 2007.

1. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

Ive Just Put Out Ads And Managed To Get Aprox 10 Accounts, Ive Had 3 Since Last Year. Before I Get Really Into This Business I Personally Think My Equipment Is Good For The Jobs I Have, Around 10-20k Max Sq Ft Jobs.

I Have A 22" Toro Personal Pace
    Echo Pb 403 Blower
    Echo 230 Trimmer

Only Thing Im A Little Questinable About Is Using My Car. I Will Be Putting The Eqiupment In My Trunk And Back Seat. What Do You Guys Think?

I Personally Belive Since I Own All This Equipment Right Now And Untill I Get Enough Accounts Then I Will Look Into Buying A Truck, Trailer 36" Minimum Wb Mower But For Now Should I Be Good?

As Long As I Do A Good Job, This Is What I Did Last Year As Well But I Now Have 10 Accounts As Apposed To 3 Last Year.

I Know All This Equipment Will Be Pricey And For Now I Have No Bills To Worry About And This Will All Be Profit And I Will Be Saving Up If This Is What I Do Want To Do..

Please Any Words Of Adive From..

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Your good to go don't worry about how it looks just put the money in your pocket.
  3. cranium2001

cranium2001 LawnSite Member

you have to start somewhere. If you have a good summer that will give you all winter to find less expensive better equipment. It seems like the deals are great in the winter months and around here the year end equipment auctions spawn a lot of commercial equipment at decent prices.
  4. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

The worst thing you could do is go in over your head, so you have the right idea. Start small and grow with demand. Good luck!
  5. MrTim

MrTim LawnSite Member

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

hay man dont be embarrised ............some of us started pushing our 21" mower down the street with a gas can
  7. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

Well, getting accounts out in the hampton bays - you arleady have one thing going for you .......a location with $$$$
    Hey - maybe you could cut the lawn around the Boardy Barn ???