1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would any of these fertilizers be considered a bridge product?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Exact Rototilling, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

. . . as in bridging the gap between say Scott's product and a full blown organic product? :confused:

These products are manufactured locally and I have been using these 2 below on my own lawns for many years.

I fully admit I'm a complete noobie in the fert department - no lic is required to apply fert in Idaho or Washington. I would be applying it on clients lawns during the season and after aeration jobs.

Thanks for any input.

2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't find what that fert is made out of. I'll beat Barry and Jim to the punch and recommend Nutrients Plus ferts. Check out the 20-1-5, 16-2-3 and the 7-2-12 for a good chicken manure fert with synthetic N mixed in.

I think Lesco has Sustane (turkey poo), Bradfield, etc. Do a google search for organic based ferts...
  3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

There are few organic inputs that can get you above 8 to 10 N, and you usually have to put them down in great quantities to get that number.

As soon as you see an N number that is high you will know that it is wrapped in manufactured N in some form

Welcome to the dark green side.............LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER

Nutrients plus and Bradfield have a good reputation......and ICT Organics

As soon as you are able to let go of NPK numbers you will be a customer
  4. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the plug! Our fertilizers contain organic matter, our fortified line contain some synthetic fertilizer for those applications when you need a little extra N. For example up here we use them in early spring when ground temps are low and microial activity is slow. But the key factor is the organic matter content, not to mention they spread very well.

Also ICT Bill has a great way of supplying beneficial microbes as a compost tea. Another nice way to keep the soil in mind when applying fertilizer.

Nutrients PLUS