Would I Be Crazy Not to Take This Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GreenBlade, Apr 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

I've just been looking on Craigslist trying to find a good used 36" walk behind hydro. I'm not in any desperate need of one, but I could use one and it would greatly help out.

I found this Scag 36 hydro in AMAZING condition and for what seems like a great price; i'm sure I could talk the gentlemen down some as well.

I contacted him and he seemed like a great guy, someone you would want to work with. He said he always took care of the mower, and only used it to mow his own personal lawn. No more than 500hrs he said (I'm assuming it has no hr meter). He said he has mulching blades he'll give to me with it, and it has the no-flat front caster tires.

Here's the link to the ad on CL: http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/3730911732.html

Here's my weighting:
    WHY NOT?:
    It's 5hrs away
    do I really NEED it?
    take up even more space
    use most of all my savings
    WHY SO:
    great deal
    excellent condition
    could help majorly
    could access more parts of some lawns
    broaden my horizons as far as other lawns go

2. GreenBlade

And another reason why so is because these are extremely hard to find where I am located and I might not ever come across a deal like this again.

3. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Buy it if you need it. Seems like a no brainer

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

My only issue is that it looks new but hasn't got the original tires on it. Is this a repaint or a cherry mower?

5. GreenBlade

He said he replaces the tires. & he changed the hydro fluid, oil, all the other routine maintenance stuff.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GreenBlade

*replaced. I didn't mean to type replaces I'm on my phone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Also has an old Kawasaki on there. Anybody know when they switched to the new style? That's the same engine my 2001 has on it.

8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

That deck has been repainted. Shade is off from the deck cover and there isn't any marks on the inside of the chute blocker or front lip of the deck and the bolts that hold the chute on look painted over.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

You can buy a new one for not much more than that..
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GreenBlade

He said he has had it for about 5 years, but hasn't used it much. That explains the older Kawi engine. I'll ask him about the paint job and the tires, surely I can get him to come down.