1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Would it be bad form....?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by eruuska, Oct 15, 2005.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I missed a call today whilst mowing, the caller didn't leave a voicemail. I just had a few thousand flyers go out, so I expect a few newbies to call. I did a Google search on the number, and I know the caller's name and address. It's nobody I know, so I assume it's a possible new client.

Would it be bad form to call the person back?
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Hi, This is XYZ lawncare, I saw I missed a call from you today, is their anything I can help you with?

Is yes, proceed to help.
    If no, "Okay, sorry to bother you, have a nice day"
  3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Sometimes I will accidently call a wrong #. When I realize it, I will hang up and not leave a message. I really don't like it when whoever I called calls me back to ask what I wanted.

But, what do you have to loose?
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Makes you look desperate to call someone who would not leave a voicemail.
    If it was important they would have said or called back
  5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Just call and pretend like they actually left a message. No harm its a sale.
  6. LibFinServ

LibFinServ LawnSite Member

Calling back would be good customer service not bad form!
  7. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with the good customer service. Most of the time they are glad that you call them back.
  8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Here I will agree with Olderthandirt,it is bad form to call someone back who did not leave you their name and # in a message.If you are going to have your flyers out you are going to get calls like that.It is their choice to call you back or not not yours to call them without a request and # being left .
    Bad form yes
  9. LibFinServ

LibFinServ LawnSite Member

Persistance is key when it comes to any type of selling. If you don't call the people back, then someone else will. I hope anyone competing with me for business doesn't call our prospective, would be clients!

Outwork your competition. The key to success in any line of work.

Call the number back! Let me know how it unfolds. That single customer could snowball into something spectacular. You sound ambitious to me, keep it going.
  10. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

I agree. Call them back. If it's a wrong number, oh well. But if it's a potential client, time well invested.