1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

would like opinions on logo

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bleroy000, Mar 25, 2004.

1. bleroy000

bleroy000 LawnSite Member
    from IN

This is my first post :) , but anyway this will also be my first year for my business.....but here is my logo and would like some opinions on it please.......I hope this works...

logo 1.gif
  2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

It looks good, but as a lot of previous similar posts have mentioned, using the 21" mower tends to bring down the professional image of the logo. The grass and name look ok, but just think about the 21" - er. not that it is the end all to not use it, but just something to make sure you think through.
    Also, I'd maybe change the color of your name, so it stands out more from the grass.

Good luck!
  3. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

It's okay, but kinda plain.
    How about a crown over the 'r' ('le roi' is French for 'the king')
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Go all the way, and make it a ZTR with a throne on it!
  5. bleroy000

bleroy000 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Alright, here is an updated version, i have also thought about changing the mower, but haven't done that yet, or actually haven't decided if i should do it.....what about this one? Opinions would be great! :D

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me, but think with that mower there, that is alot of extra color and it turn will cost more to reproduce. Just my .02

KY GRASSLANDS LawnSite Member

keep the name ,keep the grass, and get rid of the mower
  8. Zito

Zito LawnSite Member

I like it. And I like the mower. A lot of folks around here forget that the average homeowner doesn't know anything about a ztr. They just think it looks scary and expensive. But they all know what a 21" is, because thats what they've seen.
  9. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

I'd leave the mower out completely. If you do landscaping, maybe put a flower in there or something. But, w/o the mower it would look ok!

Where abouts are you in Indiana bleroy?
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Bleroy,

I think it's fine. You can always update it or change it in the future. If you are looking for more graphic ideas to inspire you, look here. That link has a few hundred green industry logos.