Would like some help with a seeding job...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sdm1976, Jul 15, 2007.

1. sdm1976

sdm1976 LawnSite Member

Its a newly finised house with a pool and pool house. The front yard has sod and irrigation. The rear is unfinished and has a small space between the house and pool that will need to be seeded and the space behind the pool is about 100x100 feet. What would i charge to seed,fertilize and straw the back of the house. The larger space behind the pool house will need to have the soil turned with my tractor and roto-till before seeding. I am new to this type of work and would like to get my foot in the door for the rest of the homes being built in this subdivision. (this is the first house sold in the newly developed neighborhood) I have done many fall or spring overseedings but have never started one from scratch. I have also advised the homeowner that this is a tough time to grow grass and that i would come back in the fall to help the process along for a good price. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

You said soil needs turned over, how good is the soil. Do you have to bring in good top soil? All this factors in. That is 10,000 sq' i hydro-seed so i would get around $800.00 to seed it. To prep existing dirt im not there to see the grade but then figure a days labor for prep. If you need top soil than i dont know the rate for dirt in your area. I would probably use around 80-100 ton and than you would have to grade and prep it. Put all of this togeather and work a price. Dont be confused on my hydro-seed price it works out about the same material wise doing it by hand and leaves you some labor to work with.