1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

would like to know what lawn care software u use and what u think

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grassman177, Feb 11, 2008.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we currently use quickbooks for accounting, but nothing else industry specific. i of course want scheduling that is smooth and easy to use lik in case of lots of rain(we do lots of mowing on specific days and some in intervals). routing is important, but not always because some lawns just have to be cut later in the day due to watering or dew.

integration with quickbooks is a must with one touch billing/re schedule and so forth

Hit me with ideas and suggestions.

we are a three crew comany that is full service lawn, landscape, irrigation

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

have u tried gopher&groundskeeper.they offer free trails.try them 2 see if u like them
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The only soft ware I have is a tarp, it does all right.
  4. Gopher works great for scheduling, billing is so,so.
  5. grassman177

we did demo clip once and thought it was ok, maybe a bit difficult. but looking for as many opinions of actual use as i can get
  6. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

I have used LawnPro for the past two years and love it! It is easily linked with Quickbooks, does scheduling, expenses, customer reports, business reports, you name it, it does it! I have never had any issues with use or anything. They do offer a trial also- I would give it a try!
  7. grassman177

i will check out lawnpro, never heard of it. anyone use clip???? what are your thoughts??? any others use lawnpro???????/ thoughts???
  8. Trader Rick

Trader Rick LawnSite Member

Hey Grassman177 check out Qxpress. We bought it and love it. It was made to work with Quick books. Very smooth integration for scheduling and routing. Simple to use yet very powerful. It works well with snow removal, fert / chem apps, one time jobs or season long scheduling. It accesses your Quick Books customer base, you schedule a customer at the beginning of season for all work to be done and on the day work is to be done simply print out the schedule for the day and off you go. Go to the web site and check it out, if you like Quick Books you will love QXpress. www.qxpress.com

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive used Gopher for about 3 yrs now....I have no complaints...Im a small solo operation keeping track of about 60-70 customers...works just fine
  10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had clip for almost 6 years now. Its very easy to use, the user renewal agrement(customer service) is what suks. Its pricy but billing takes 2 minutes literally two buttons and your done. Routing,reports, scheduling its all good. They are constantly upgrading and you have to go with it or your on your own. We havnt had to call them for three years the software is on a computer that does not have internet. So no viruses and so forth. They have a free trial period sounds like this is something for you. Im not sure if we are gonna upgrade or go with something else. Oh yeah it also spits out a tax report monthly for ya. Pm if ya have any questions. labels, auto late fee, tons of cool stuff. They have live training on internet as well. my 2 cents