Would this be a good deal on a Toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckydooley, Jan 22, 2008.

1. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

2. luckydooley

Or am I better off with new Quick 36?

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If He Comes Down To 2000 Bucks:drinkup:

4. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

I'd say the first one is a bit high for a belt-drive with 300 hours. $2800 is close to new. You can find them even right on this site for $1500 and without a thing wrong with them. If you're going to spend $2800 on a used 36" it better at least be hyro.

5. luckydooley

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking, and told him too.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The ebay one is nice, but you're going to have to spend about 5-600 on shipping (maybe more)... It might still be worth it but you really have to find someone to ship it and how much that is going to cost before taking the plunge.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

i would get the one on ebay.

8. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

$2800 isn't so bad for a floating deck mower with 300 hrs on it. 300 hr really is not all that many hours. For me 300hr is only half a years worth of work. My tendency is toward the 07 model. Has a much stronger deck. And it cuts better. Also has a superior engine. A mower like that new would cost around $3800. Remember, this is a floating deck, which means that it is worth more than a fixed deck.
    Really, if you could make a deal to get all the accessories with the mower for $2800, that would be a real good deal, at least around my area, it would be.

The one on ebay is a good deal since it is basically new. I just prefer the Turbo-force deck. The one off ebay is probably going to cost you $3000+ by the time you have it to your door.

Also, If you can look at a mower in person and examine it, drive it around, etc, that is a big plus.

9. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

one thing i can say without a doubt is after 50 hours or so on the t handle

you'll wonder why they ever put pistol grips on anything

my toro is great and 20+ years ago it was a great design and it still is

Nate