Would this be a good idea to add to a ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think about adding a engine temperature gauge, low oil pressure alarm, oil gauge, feul line water sensor alarm or any other types of gauges or alarms on a ZTR? What are your thoughts?

Liberty Lawncare likes this.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Some mowers come with these or other engine life enhancing features. My Dixie Chopper came with 2 engine oil coolers, 1 hydro oil cooler, low oil pressure alarm, rollover engine kill sensor, 2 engine oil filters, 2 hydro oil filters and 3 air cleaners. And people wonder why they charge more for a Dixie!

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

if you think its will help save wear and tear on the engine go for it. ask your dealer what his opinion is. the oil gage could help,same with water gage.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Mine has all the stuff that Richard Martin has plus the Temp Guage, Oil Presure Guage, and a Voltage Guage for the battery. It depends on who makes a mower and what options they put on them. Mine also has a siren for low oil presure and if the water temp gets over 225 that is very loud. They had to put on a lowder one for diesels.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Eric, maybe the siren on your DC is suppose to alert people to get out of your way! It is the fastest mower!

6. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Don't forget the grade/tilt indicator..he he he...(joke)

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Actually on the 60" and wider Dixies you don't need a tilt indicator. These mowers are so wide and low that most people wouldn't have the nads to take it on a hill steep enough to roll it over.

8. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

How many flapjacks can you fit on the retractable griddle?

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Richard,I have a friend that rolled his 2001 XW2500 over on top of him,the day he bought it new this july-he was mowing up a steep bank,he went up that bank every week with his Howard price 60"ZTR,but the dixie wouldnt,wheelied right onto him,his seat is all bent down,as is one side of the deck,I laughed my butt off when he told me,Im just glad he didnt get hurt.He needed 2 counter weights so he could climb this hill without rolling.

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This has a lot to do with an operator too. Before that machine got far enough off the ground to come over back wards, he should of been pulling back on the levers instead of holding them where he had them. It's just common sense.