Would this be wort the money lost

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by justanotherkid, Jan 22, 2008.

1. justanotherkid

justanotherkid LawnSite Member

if one of my costumers gets 5 people to sign up for seasonal contracts then they get 50 % off

2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

giving up too much try a free cut

3. justanotherkid

Well yeah but i mean gettin 5 people to sign up for seasonal contracts wouldnt be exactly an easy thing to do

another idea i was thinking of would be maybe for every referal they get $25 and the person they get to sign up gets 10% OFF

I donno im just trying to look for a way to get more customers and this would get your customers out there advertising for you

4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

you be suprised what they would do for a free cut and make it once who they refer get five cuts

5. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

i would offer the money for each referral that signs up and stays with you for at least a month, that way you're not losing money. if you offer $25 off just for a referral, you'll get a bunch of people who don't really want your services. I let a vacuum salesman give me a demo just so my sister could get $100 off hers. I didn't want the vacuum and i didn't buy one, same difference.

6. justanotherkid

I dont understand this

7. justanotherkid

The referals are only for seasonal contracts

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Watch out guys.....

your on the edge of a pyramid.

9. takeittothelimit

takeittothelimit LawnSite Member

My thought is if you are doing a good job, and your client is telling you so, ask them for referals and continue to ask. If they are truly impressed with you, they'll be happy to give you referals, for free!

10. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

No. They should want to refer you simply by doing a good job. If you have a good relationship with your customers just ask for the referrals. Unless you mark up the referrals by 10% a cut :D but then I would just keep the extra 10% for myself and just thank them for the referral.