Would this bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wells, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I just came across an interesting website....It's almost a word for word copy of mine.
    You really need to see it to believe it.

Here is the original website:

Here is the copy:

Just take a second and read the homepage of each site.

It really doesn't bother me that someone is using my same verbage, I'm just confused why they wouldn't want to come up with their own.
    I guess it could always be some sort of school project or something.

Please don't anyone harass the guy, I just thought it was funny....
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

You do have an excellent website...I dont blame him

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

The similarities are startling. Did you use a generic template for your site, or is the verbage yours?

You have a great site, by the way.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Just what we need...website scrubs..LOL

Nice site Wells..you know what they say about imitation..

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Is that a Symbiot built site. I see them as part of the address. What does that mean.
    I think their system is to take all the contracts in the U.S. and keep the profit part and sub what is left. Maybe they think they can make more money by coping web sites.
    Just an observation.
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes it would bother me. The guy is an active posting member here, who has just recently visited. Maybe he will see this and explain a little.
  7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Mo Green,
    The verbage is all mine.
    Spent several days coming up with it.
  8. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

Well according to the hosting owner of this site: Symbiot

1. OWNERSHIP. All content included on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, information, data, photographs, graphs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, and other material and software (the "Materials") is the property of Symbiot or its content suppliers and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. All such content is protected by copyright as a collective work under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and Symbiot owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, compilation and enhancement of such content. All software used on the Site is the property of Symbiot or its software suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively, the "Trademarks") are registered and common law Trademarks of Symbiot,
  9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

So what does all that really mean?
    I can create something and someone else can pass if off as their own, and their protected by copyright laws?
    Doesn't seem right.
  10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It is definately a site to be proud of. The old saying is "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery". But in this case, I can see where you may be a bit frustrated.