would this interest your buisness?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by P.Services, Aug 21, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

im thinking about leasing out a very large warehouse and parking lot and turning it into a lawncare/landscaping/treeservice halfway house. for companies to big to keep all their equipment in the drive way but not big enough to buy their own building or a company that wants to take advantage of what we have to offer.

You would lease a certain size space inside the building and have all the room you want to pay for, use it for storage repair or whatever you need. It would offer community tools like blade grinders air tools and compressors, common tools like wrenches and hammers, just about everything you would ever need to work on equipment big or small.
    It will also have a full time small engine mechanic to help or trouble shoot (he is extra $ for helping, free trouble shooting).

Office space will also be available along with a Secretary to answer your line and take messages. Things like a fax machine and copier will also be available.

Out side we will offer you an option to buy bulk mulch,trees.shrubs and supplies at a wholesale rate. along with areas to dump any green waste and areas for dirt or concrete waste. we will also sell common things needed like oil/trimmer line and other things you may need real quick one morning.

We will have equipment for rent like mini excavators, skid steers, dump trailers, dump trucks, roll off bins, bark blowers, hydro seeders, chippers, compactors, mowers blowers and whips (for when yours breaks), and any other tool or machine you would ever need for this industry. When you rent shop space you will get a discounted rate on equipment rental also.

for extra large projects or when your workers dont show up we will have a few workers available to "rent out" for the day.

Do you guys think this is a good idea or would you not be interested because your competition would be right next door?

Any other things to include?

Any thought at all appreciated.

2. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Im thinking a lot of lost/stolen tools. Even stuff one company may missplace, they may complain to you for the loss..Unless each place has there own lockable area, I think there will be problems...Its a good idea, that may need a little tweeking to make it run smoothly....Good luck..............:usflag:

3. P.Services

yes i was thinking each space will be lockable and the tool room would have someonr to check tools in and out.

4. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

good idea but the price would be to high for lco to rent the space ...........

5. P.Services

im thinking around 400-600 a month. thats really not that much. when the city cracks down on people for parking their "company" in the drive many of them go to self storage properties and pay a nice chunk of change just to park a truck.
    i know of a tree service that pays over a grand a month just to park stuff in a self storage building and hes not allowed to work on anything in the place.

6. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's a great idea just needs some treaking-but all in all is a great idea and just gonna take a lot of $$$ to operate it--how many companies you thinking of "housing?"

7. P.Services

around 20 is the goal.

the whole other side of the biz is to be open to homeowners to buy supplies and rent equipment to get the job done.

the do it yourselfers can come and get a rolloff bin filled with what they need, a wheelbarrow, tools and even there own worker they can rent to take home for the day.

or they can just come and fill there pick-up with mulch and some pavers.

and then the rental store should pay off the equipment.

8. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

just be careful with the "rental worker"

9. P.Services

he will have his greencard dont worry :laugh::laugh:

10. Raider

Raider LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I want a 30' x 30' area to put a bar in your building!! I could see some real money being made at the end of each work day.

Do you think there would be problems having "competing" lco's that close together all the time?