Would this upset you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LB1234, Feb 17, 2005.

1. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

If you walked out your front door to see a bright colored piece of paper in the middle of your lawn and found it to be an advertisement for lawn care.

Apparently, an LCO put his flyer's in a clear plastic bag...tied a knot...placed some white decorative stone in the bag...tied another knot...then just drove around throwing them onto potential customers front lawns.

Just curious what all of you think about this method of advertising?????

2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think that is a very professional way to advertise. I'm not saying that you might not get an account or two that way, but you won't see us doing our advertising that way. I think most people might get a little annoyed as well. I bet a few people would call and complain.

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Tacky and unprofessional

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

One of those weight loss advertisers did this last year. I kept finding those "Lose 500 lbs in 5 days" fliers in bags with rocks in them all over my neighborhoods. The thing was, whoever did it only tossed them out far enough to hit the end of people's driveways and they ended up in all the gutters. I think it's not only tacky and unprofessional, but a waste of time.

Hell, I used to get complaints from people when I did door hangers.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I thought it was unprofessional also. Just curious if I was alone on that opinion.

I'm wondering this...Can you get the guy for littering?

6. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

i think it is unprofessional but one year i had a guy go through my entire sub around easter and put his flyer in easer eggs and just tossed them out of his car window

7. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

one lco company tried something like this last year.......
    several people called local twp.........

and lco was charged for littering
    ps: no longer in business

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I was about to say it sounded like littering to me.

9. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Well 500LB in 5 days seems like alot. But having the homeowners walk down to the bottom of the driveway may help in the weight loss.

10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Very unprofessional IMO. Looks like the person is littering.